- Atlanta Area School for the Deaf
- Job Openings
Food Service Worker
Atlanta Area School for the Deaf
890 N. Indian Creek Drive
Clarkston, GA 30021
Description of Duties:
The candidate will be under the supervision of the School Nutrition Manager. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Cleans work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
- Cleans, peels, slices and trims foodstuffs using manual and electric appliances.
- Ensures food service equipment is properly operated and maintained.
- Observes safety, sanitation and health rules and standards.
- Performs the cooking, preparation and temporary storage of food and beverages.
- Replenishes supplies of food, condiments, and equipment at steam tables and service bars.
- Stores food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Participates in the meal service and distribution, including the set up and disassembly of dining areas.
- Unpacks and stores supplies, raw and prepared food products.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Qualifications to be determined by hiring organization based upon position requirements.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the following:
- SERV Safe Certification
Consideration/interviews will begin as soon as a list of applicants is established. Applications/resumes will be evaluated and only those meeting the qualifications will be considered. Top candidates will be contacted for interviews. No notification will be sent to applicants except those who are selected for interviews. Due to the large volume of applications received by this office, we are unable to provide information on your application status. It is the policy of the Georgia Department of Education not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, or age in its employment practices. In accordance with Public Law 99-603, also known as the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, the Department of Education employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. All persons hired by the Georgia Department of Education are required to verify identity and employment eligibility and must agree to undergo a criminal background investigation.
An Equal Opportunity Employer